Our expanding International Marketing and Communications department is looking for a multimedia creative designer with a big passion for games, to be based in Letchworth Garden City. You’ll be a strong independent designer with your own unique style, but you’ll also understand the importance of brand power, as well as working to tight briefs and deadlines.
Job title: Creative Services Executive
Department: Koei Tecmo Europe - MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
Reports to: Marketing Manager - Dotted line to Social Media Manager and Senior PR & Marketing Executive
Location: England, South East / Hertfordshire
• A degree or similar qualification in a relevant creative field.
• At least 3 years of experience working in a similar role within the Entertainment Industry (Gaming industry preferable).
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Excellent 2D production and Image editing skills with an understanding of application to social channels.
• Multi-media experience, using existing art assets and adaptable in terms of style.
• Working knowledge of HTML 5 / CSS.
• Fluent in English (written & spoken).
• Debug console experience.
• Interest in streaming platforms and understanding of hardware.
• Good knowledge of current esports scenes.
• Interest in Japanese Culture, Anime, and Games.
Duties and responsibilities
You must be comfortable to approach tasks such as;
• Develop video content for PR and Social media use (video capture, video editing, simple VFX)
• Capture and prepare screenshots in engine from game code (debug PS4 units and/or PC) for media distribution and social media channels.
• Create digital and print advertising material – offline and online media
• Create and modify unique art assets for promotional use.
• Design high-quality creatives for trade and commercial show booths.
• In collaboration with the relevant teams in HQ, collate and deliver asset batches for the PR and social teams to use at scheduled intervals.
• Update websites and be able to do simple web design.
• Assist in the creation of game packshots/beauty shots for promotion and production.
How to Apply
Send us an interesting cover letter (max 500 words) explaining how you’d be right for the job, along with your CV, and your favourite piece of work to firstname.lastname@example.org (15mb max) Due to the high number of applicants, we may not be able to reply to all candidates.
Job first listed: 20/12/2018 - Applications close: 31/01/2019
KOEI TECMO EUROPE Ltd, the European subsidiary of KOEI TECMO EUROPE Ltd of Japan established operations in 2003, based just outside of London in Hertfordshire.
KOEI TECMO EUROPE is respected worldwide as the premier brand for historical action games and is recognised as the innovator of the Tactical Action genre. The various Warriors series of games have generated more than 18 million unit sales worldwide since releasing for PlayStation consoles in 1997. With their focus on spectacular battles, legendary characters and dramatic storylines it is these long-established series which KOEI TECMO EUROPE has become most renowned for.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All of KOEI TECMO EUROPE Ltd's job openings are for full time, on-site employees. We do not employ 'remote' staff. Potential employees must be able to work legally in the United Kingdom, and must either reside in Hertfordshire, London, England or be willing to relocate.